we are your drug crimes law firm
Reliable Marijuana Defense Lawyer
Arrested for marijuana possession or related crimes in Nashville?
When arrested or accused of a drug-related crime, especially one involving marijuana, the ultimate outcome of your case can be drastically altered by having a drug crime attorney on your side who is experienced in these matters. It's also beneficial to hire someone who remains current on the latest requirements and courtroom proceedings regarding marijuana crimes. At Andrew C. Beasley, PLLC, my clients step into an environment dedicated to remaining up to date on the law, and active in the courtroom. This brings you the opportunity to work with a lawyer who has the tools you need to achieve a favorable result in your case.
Have you been arrested for a marijuana-related crime in the Nashville area?
Get help by filling out a free case evaluation!
In the realm of drug crimes, marijuana is one of the most commonly used illegal substances. As such, I often find my clients facing harsh punishments for possessing and selling marijuana. A conviction can be life-altering. My goal as your legal representative is to form a defense for you that protects your rights and may even help to decrease the severity of your penalties. While every case is different, my passion for your defense is the same.
Combatting Marijuana Related Charges
Drug charges in Tennessee vary according to the offense, but can range anywhere from possession to distribution, and from manufacturing to trafficking. As your case proceeds, the charges and potential penalties you will face become apparent, and we tailor your plea and your defense according to your ultimate goals. My job is to make this process easier, building your defense and advising you on an effective course of action.
My firm is proud to represent individuals accused of:
- Possession with intent
- Possession of paraphernalia
- Distribution and sales
If you are charged with a federal offense, your case could quickly become much more serious. Whether you are facing a minor possession charge or a more detrimental trafficking offense, you need to reach out to my firm.
Penalties for Marijuana Crimes in TN
Did you know that being found in possession of just half and ounce of marijuana can result in a felony level charge? That means you could be face years behind bars and thousands of dollars in fines! Understanding the consequences you may be up against during this time is crucial.
Consider the following punishments for these marijuana charges:
- Possession: Up to 1 year in jail and $250 for less than half an ounce for a first offense, with an increase to a $500 fine for a second offense. A third offense can carry up to 6 years in prison and a $1,000 fine.
- Cultivation: For 10 plants or less, it is a felony that carries up to 6 years behind bars and up to $5,000 in fines. Between 20 and 99 plants can result in 15 years behind bars and $100,000 in fines.
- Paraphernalia: It is a misdemeanor for possession of paraphernalia, which can result in up to 1 year in jail and $2,500 in fines. If a person sells paraphernalia, it is considered a felony, which can result in between 1 to 6 years behind bars and up to $3,000 in fines.
- Sale: For selling between half and ounce and 10 pounds, it is a felony that carries between 1 and 6 years’ incarceration and up to $5,000 in fines. For more than 10 but less than 70 pounds, the fines stay the same but jail time increase to a maximum of 12 years.
When determining your penalty, the court will take into consideration the amount of marijuana you had in your possession, the purpose of the drugs, and whether this is a first or a repeat offense. While the court is evaluating this information, it is imperative that you obtain legal representation to make sure that your future, your freedom, and your rights are safeguarded during this time.
Contact Andrew C. Beasley, PLLC today and receive a complimentary case consultation.