Experienced Sex Crimes Attorney & Pornography Laws in Nashville, TN
If you’ve been accused of any kind of sex crime in Nashville, TN, you must take the allegations against you very seriously and act promptly. Unfortunately, innocent people are accused of sex crimes all the time, and the prosecutors who handle these cases are bent on seeking the harshest penalties possible. If you’re convicted of a sex crime, you face imprisonment, hefty fines, parole or probation, victim restitution, required counseling, and a host of collateral consequences. Your name, photo, and crime will be posted on the Tennessee Sex Offender Registry for life.
Who better to fight for your freedom and defend you than an experienced former assistant district attorney with over 10 years of criminal law experience? At Andrew C. Beasley, PLLC, we know how the prosecution handles sex crime cases and what we need to do to secure the best possible outcome for your case. Our Nashville, TN, sex crimes attorney has handled various sex crime cases, including:
- Sexual Exploitation of a Minor
- Indecent Exposure
- Statutory Rape
- Solicitation of a Minor
- Sexual Battery
Child Pornography Laws in Tennessee
The prosecution will do everything in their power to have sex offenders convicted and locked up. But alleged sex offenders are ridiculed and have their reputations tarnished, even before they get convicted of a sexual offense. But the blow to your reputation, personal life, work life, charges, and penalties become even more severe if you’re accused of a sex crime involving a child or minor.
In Tennessee, people who possess or manufacture child pornography are punished according to their conduct. Essentially, the more involved they are in the crime, the harsher their penalties. The punishments for child pornography offenses, including sexual exploitation of a minor, aggravated unlawful photographing, and aggravated sexual exploitation of a minor include:
- Class D Felony: Prison time of two to 12 years and a fine not exceeding $5,000
- Class C Felony: Prison time of three to 15 years and a fine not exceeding $10,000
- Class B Felony: Prison time of eight to 30 years and a fine not exceeding $25,000
- Class A Felony: Prison time of 15 to 60 years and a fine not exceeding $50,000
Take note that the lowest offense of child pornography possession is a class D felony. But it becomes a class C felony if there are over 50 photos or videos and a class B felony if there are more than 100 photos or videos.
How Our Sex Crimes Attorney in Nashville, TN, Will Fight For You
Regardless of the specific sex crime you’ve been accused of, our Nashville, TN, sex crimes attorney at Andrew C. Beasley, PLLC, will fight for you by:
- Thoroughly investigating the events leading up to and during your arrest to determine if your rights have been violated and possibly have some of the evidence against you thrown out.
- Working with various experts to collect evidence that will strengthen your defense.
- Reviewing the case and evidence against you to uncover any weaknesses that we can leverage for your benefit.
- Negotiating with the prosecution to have your charges dropped or secure a more favorable plea deal.
- Trying your case in court if needed.
Seek Legal Guidance From Our Seasoned Sex Crimes Attorney in Nashville, TN
If you or a loved one has been charged with a sex crime, reach out to our Nashville, TN, sex crimes attorney right away. Schedule your free consultation with our Nashville, TN, sex crimes attorney online or call Andrew C. Beasley, PLLC, at 615-437-7002.